Fibro Daily January 20, 2013
Sleep problems and food sensitivities are paramount to fibromyalgia, but the following foods help promote a good night’s sleep and generally do not cause bad reactions in most people.
- Almonds/Almond Butter: Lot of magnesium in almonds which helps induce muscle relaxation.
- Bananas: Full of amino acid tryptophan, magnesium, and potassium. These are all ingredients which promote muscle relaxation.
- Cherries: Cherries are one of the only foods that naturally contains melatonin, a big sleep inducer.
- High Protein Foods: Beside promoting sleep, high protein foods help lessen acid redux. Make sure to eat lean protein, not something like a cheeseburger. High fat cancels out any of the of the high protein benefits.
- Oatmeal: A bowl of this is full of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, and potassium, all good for sleep.
Powered by Facebook Comments