Based on this article that saysbeetroot juice helps lower blood pressure, we give you the following recipe:
BEET-LE JUICE from Jaime Young of FitSugar
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 2 tall celery stalks
- 1 beet, with the leaves
- 1 handful of spinach (optional)
- For added sweetness, include more lemon and apple.
- Add the apple, lemon, and celery to a juicer.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the beet into manageable pieces and then add it to your juicer. Note that because of a beet’s thickness, it’s best to juice last so that you don’t need to clean the pulp out of your juicer until you’re done.
- For extra greens, add spinach.
- Voilà! Enjoy your delicious, ruby-red juice.
In case you’re wondering why beetroot juice does this, it’s because of the nitrates. Other good nitrate sources include:
Powered by Facebook Comments