Fish is a wonderful source of nutrients that enriches the skin, helps keep the heart healthy and helps keep weight off, if prepared in a healthy manner. ( Thinks baked, sautéed, steamed.)
Olive Oil Poached Halibut is a recipe that you should add to your collection. It’s easy to make, nutritious, and delicious. The recipe comes from Dr. Perricone, noted health and beauty expert:
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed
- 2 ½ lb (1-inch-thick) halibut fillets
- 1 ½ large lemons, thinly sliced crosswise
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Chop half of capers and pat fish dry.
- Sprinkle fish with 1 ½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Arrange half of lemon slices in 1 layer in an 8-inch square glass baking dish and arrange fish in 1 layer over lemon.
- Top with all of capers, remaining lemon slices, and 3 tablespoons parsley, then pour oil over fish.
- Bake in middle of oven, uncovered, until fish just flakes and is cooked through, about 1 to 1 ¼ hours. Serve fish with some of lemon slices, capers, and oil spooned over. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon parsley.
This dish goes well with a side of kale or spinach, served raw as a salad with a light vinaigrette or steamed with olive oil and garlic. Yum!
Powered by Facebook Comments