Dr. Perricone has updated everyone’s favorite Green Goddess Dressing, making it much more calorie and health friendly. Now, you can call it the Healthy Green Goddess Dressing!
One of the ingredients in this update: delicious and healthy Greek yogurt.
Don’t know about you, but here at FibroDaily, we love Greek yogurt. The texture and taste works well in lots of dishes, whether sweet or savory. Also, it’s refreshing and economical because a little goes a long way. This salad dressing also contains avocados, fresh herbs, and anchovy paste!
Even better, it’s coming up on the perfect time of year for these refreshing types of food. So enjoy. And thanks Dr. Perricone!
- 1 cup chopped avocado (about 1 avocado)
- 3 or 4 anchovy fillets, mashed or 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil (for making dressing)
- Combine the avocado, anchovies, garlic, scallions, basil, parsley, and tarragon in a food processor or finely dice them.
- Add the Greek yogurt, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Process until smooth. Serve with crudités as a dip or over steamed green vegetables.
- For dressing, add olive oil 1/4 cup at a time, processing constantly until the desired consistency is reached. Toss with salad greens.
Powered by Facebook Comments