This is a two-part post.
The first part links to a piece titled, “The CDC Provides Crucial New Guidance on Opioids and Pain“. My reason for posting this now is to give all of you a chance to review the initative.
The second part of this post features a video interview with Dr. Nora Volkow, the Director of the National Institue on Drug Abuse. She taped this in May 2016. After you watch you the video and review the above information, please consider these questions then post your response to each in the comments:
- Do you think the federal government has any right to monitor pain medication?
- If you don’t think the government commands that right, how does society help prevent opioid overdoses and addiction?
- Do you think doctors are too quick to prescribe pain medication?
- Should people use pain medications long-term, or even for life?
- What other ways do you successfully control or lessen pain?
Powered by Facebook Comments