Fibro Daily May 3, 2013
Photo Credit: Wenceslaus Hollar/Wenceslas Hollar Digital Collection p>
- It doesn’t matter if exercise is forced or voluntary, it still reduces stress and depression. University of Colorado Boulder researchers discovered this in a six week study using rats. So why would someone be forced to exercise? Well, in this context it refers to people who “have” to start an exercise routine based on a doctor’s instruction, military personnel, and serious athletes. Read more: Anxiety And Stress Benefits From Exercise, Even When Forced
- Laughter and Fibromyalgia is an uplifting piece about Fibromyalgia and laughter. Laughter is good for the soul, whether you suffer from the drudgery of work, a bacterial infection, a devastating loss, or a chronic illness. Laughter may not be a cure, but it sure is a great treatment.
- 1-855-VA-WOMEN is the number to call for answers to questions concerning services offered to women veterans. Many women do not even know they are eligible for these high-quality services. As most of you know, there is a link between women in combat and Fibromyalgia. Find out more and help spread the word about this important development and service: VA Announces New Women’s Hotline
- It’s almost May 12th! How are you going to help spread the word? Back in 2011, Adrienne Dwello wrote a guide on how to use social media to raise awareness about Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Awareness Day which is on May 12th. Her guide also contains helpful links about what to email to contacts and post on social media sites. So if you are recently diagnosed or just need ideas to post, take a look! Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Awareness Day
- Fibromyalgia Alternative Treatment: Dance Therapy “Dance therapy is the therapeutic use of movement that aims to improve physical and mental health. Also known as movement therapy, dance therapy focuses on restoring a healthy mind-body connection through promoting health and healing.” So you have two left feet that hurt? That’s alright! This kind of movement can provide immense physical release as well as an emotional one. Increase your confidence and joy!
Powered by Facebook Comments