The National Sleep Foundation compiled a list of healthy sleep habits to follow. It is common for sleep issues to arise in fibromyalgia
- Stick to a regular bedtime and wake-time schedule, every day, even on weekends.
- Follow a consistent, relaxing bedtime routine. This should be something that you enjoy, such as washing your face with a luxurious soap.
- Set up the bedroom so it’s comfortable, dark, and quiet.
- Buy a comfortable mattress and pillows. Use the bedroom for sleep and sex only, to associate it with pleasant memories only.
- Avoid eating within two to three hours of bed. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco before going to sleep.
- Exercise consistently, but well before bedtime.
Visit the National Sleep Foundation for more pointers at www.sleepfoundation.org.
Powered by Facebook Comments